Check-In comment: Can [Return] specify line-break?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Check-In comment: Can [Return] specify line-break?

Post by oceanclub »

I'm used to TortoiseSVN where one can insert line breaks in check-in comments using [Return]. In Madcap Flare, this automatically submits the comment. Meaning I often submit a check-in accidentally without a full comment. Is there any way to configure this behaviour?

P.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Check-In comment: Can [Return] specify line-break?

Post by Nita Beck »

oceanclub wrote:Is there any way to configure this behaviour?
I don't believe so, as what you're asking to configure is the behavior of a specific button on a window. AFAIK, Flare 11 allows one to configure keyboard shortcuts that invoke commands, but not to control behavior of specific buttons in windows. I could be wrong though, so for a definitive answer, check directly with MadCap.

I suppose you could create the comment in a text editor or sticky note and then copy and paste it into Flare's Comment field. I haven't tested this, though, so don't know if the blank lines will be preserved.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

You can use <Shift> + <Enter> to create a carriage return in the check-in comments field.
Austin Wright

Flare 2022 r3 (18.2.8431.26678) :: TopNav HTML5 / PDF output
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:You can use <Shift> + <Enter> to create a carriage return in the check-in comments field.
Thanks Austin - now just got to train my body to automatically use that and not just [Enter] :)

P.