I want to commit files to Git, but the file list is empty

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
JeromeR
Propeller Head

I want to commit files to Git, but the file list is empty

Post by JeromeR »

I have bound Flare to Git.

I spent an hour trying to Commit files, but the list of files in the Commit on branch— dialog box was empty.

ONE TIME, while a developer sat at my desk randomly clicking 100 buttons in Flare, the dialog box came up with files in it! The he unbound the project because apparently that's the only way to see the Bind settings. (NB Madcap!) And then he clicked 100 more things while trying unsuccessfully to reproduce the same sequence of random clicks to Commit. Unhappiness ensued. After waiting a full day for the Luck Fairies chase away the Gremlins, today I was able to Commit—easy as pie—by clicking the Commit all button. Success on the first try.

My question: WHAT were we likely doing wrong, before? Because, until I know, it's bound—a Git pun, get it?—to go wrong again. Is there a toggle that disables the Commit process that the developer clicked?

-=- Jerome
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: I want to commit files to Git, but the file list is empt

Post by NorthEast »

JeromeR wrote:The he unbound the project because apparently that's the only way to see the Bind settings. (NB Madcap!)
I've not used Git, but when binding to TFS or VSS, you can see the settings in Project Properties (also saved in the flprj file, in text format).