Attempting to bind to TFS results in error TF50309

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
dtmenges
Propeller Head

Attempting to bind to TFS results in error TF50309

Post by dtmenges »

Trying to bind Flare 12 to TFS. Used VSS with Flare 11 but Flare 12 is 64-bit. The admin set me up with credentials, server name, and project. When I try to add the server I get the following error:
tfserror.png
The admin says I have the same permissions that all of the developers have for their software projects.

Flare 12 is running on Windows 7.

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nsantos
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Attempting to bind to TFS results in error TF50309

Post by nsantos »

Sorry, that I don't have any ideas, but we seem to be having a similar issue. We were able to use Flare 11 with TFS but have been unable to use Flare 12 with TFS. We haven't changed any of our credentials. According to my IT group, MadCap changed Flare to enforce check-in policies but did not provide any way for the Flare user to comply with check-in policies. Specifically, there is no way to specify a Work Item ID. Hopefully a fix comes for this soon. We've reverted back to Flare 11.
dtmenges
Propeller Head

Re: Attempting to bind to TFS results in error TF50309

Post by dtmenges »

The developers that I work with administer TFS and they think I have a server permission problem. It puts me directly between IT that owns the server and the developers that run TFS. I stayed on Flare 11 with VSS because Flare 12, 32-bit had other issues. So much for upgrades.