Can you bind more than one Flare project to TFS?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
lwatkins776
Jr. Propeller Head

Can you bind more than one Flare project to TFS?

Post by lwatkins776 »

Hello,

I'm trying to bind a second project (currently our help project and our release documentation projects are separate, and our help is mapped to source control and I'd like to do the same for the release documentation) to TFS Source control (using Flare 10 and TFS 2013) and keep running into an error message saying that the path is already mapped in my workspace. Can Flare support multiple projects bound to source control?

Thank you,
Lisa W.
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Can you bind more than one Flare project to TFS?

Post by roboHAL »

Lisa, absolutely you can bind more than one project to TFS. I'm using TFS2015 but the concept is the same in 2013. You just need a different server folder and local folder for your other project(s). The workspace can and probably should be the same throughout.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

But have you already mapped that local folder (or a parent folder) to your TFS workspace outside of Flare?

Check your workspace mappings in Team Explorer/Visual Studio to see if there's already a mapping to that local folder (or a parent folder).
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by roboHAL »

Any current mapping(s) can be changed (or removed and re-established) if that is interfering with the ability to add more than one project to TFS.
lwatkins776
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lwatkins776 »

OK, we are trying again with this subject after not getting this to work when I first posted. What is meant by different server folder? I asked one of our TFS gurus and she wasn't sure what you meant specifically.

Currently, in the TFS Source Control explorer we have: servername\defaultcollection\ Then from here we have multiple folders. and is where I have been trying to map a second project to (but different folder at that level). Should that work, or does it need to be something other than the default collection?

Thanks!
Lisa W.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

As mentioned above - the error says you have a path already mapped in your workspace, so have you checked what that is?
Dave Lee wrote:But have you already mapped that local folder (or a parent folder) to your TFS workspace outside of Flare?

Check your workspace mappings in Team Explorer/Visual Studio to see if there's already a mapping to that local folder (or a parent folder).
Say you have projects at servername\defaultcollection\project1 and servername\defaultcollection\project2, then make sure you don't have any mappings at the servername\defaultcollection level.