GIT - What does NOT get Pushed or Pulled

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

GIT - What does NOT get Pushed or Pulled

Post by Techno »

Being one of the fairly lucky ones, it seems Flare 12 and GIT are basically doing what we want. The server is based in the USA, and I have a branch I commit to, etc.. Here in the UK, I have a desktop running Windows 7 Pro, and a MacBook running Windows 10 which are respectively for use at office and while travelling or at home.

However I have one basic question? What areas of Flare remain "local" to individual systems, in this case, between my two UK systems?

For example, Reports. After many hours of "fixing" on my desktop, my Styles report for Undefined Styles finally comes up with none. And yet in spite of committing, Pushing and Pulling and of course the merging process in the States, this report on my MacBook still shows 4-5 undefined.
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: GIT - What does NOT get Pushed or Pulled

Post by Phlawm53 »

Not sure about V12, but I noticed that if one binds a Flare 11 project to Git, then Flare creates a default .gitignore file. That file contains:

Code: Select all

.gitignore
Output
Analyzer
FileSync
Project/Users
There's a bit more about earlier versions of Flare vis-a-vis Git here:

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2013 ... e-project/

The essential point is that anything spec'ed in .gitignore isn't included in Git operations...(?)

By the by, if one binds a Flare (11) project to Git, and one then un-binds that project, then Flare 11 takes it upon itself to delete the .git directory and .gitignore file. That can be annoying if you've been working with other Git tools that were making use of those resources...

Cheers & hope this helps,
Riley
SFO