TFS - Syncing / Importing Projects Errors

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Tanya T
Jr. Propeller Head

TFS - Syncing / Importing Projects Errors

Post by Tanya T »

My project file is not showing the latest version from TFS after clicking "Get latest version."

I also cannot rename files and get the following error:
Operation Rename failed: All specified files must reside in the same workspace. Workspace XXXXXX contains C:\Users\FirstNameLastName\Desktop\ProjectFolder\Content\Operations\system-guides\HRC User Guide
If I try to re-import the project from TFS I get this error:
Can't find Project.flprj - C:\Users\FirstNameLastName\Desktop\ProjectFolder\CRL2016
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TFS - Syncing / Importing Projects Errors

Post by roboHAL »

Hi Tanya. I'm not entirely sure specifically what the cause of your TFS/Flare issue is, however, here are some things you can try. There is no particular order to this list and any one of these suggestions may help resolve it. Something else to keep in mind as I've posted on this forum over-and-over for years now which is IMO there has never been a completely happy marriage between Flare and TFS and that is exacerbated by different version combinations of either one. I assume you are using Flare 12.

1) Use Flare 11 only for purposes of getting everything checked in and "correct" as far as the latest version indicator. Then use V 12.
2) Using TFS, remove the mapping and then remap to a new folder. Force GET all the files to the newly mapped folder.
3) Do not build any output that is directed to a folder inside of the project files folder. (i.e. do not build the output to a subfolder under the project folder).
4) Using Flare, unbind the project from source control. Do your renaming and other maintenance, then re-bind to source control.
5) Submit a ticket to MadCap tech support.