Flare V12 won't build a project bound to TFS

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
blgreen2
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare V12 won't build a project bound to TFS

Post by blgreen2 »

Hi all,

We have used TFS for source control since 2014 without any problems. But since updating to Flare V12, a couple of our writers are having trouble building their projects. The same projects build without issue in Flare V11, but when opened in V12, they are either egregiously slow to build (3+ hours), or won't build at all.

We have tried creating a new project file and importing the content, which was suggested by Madcap, but that had no effect. Has anyone else found a solution? TFS is a corporate requirement, so moving to Git or SVN is not an option at the moment.

Thanks,
Barbara
blgreen2
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare V12 won't build a project bound to TFS

Post by blgreen2 »

I should add that other Flare projects on the same TFS server are building with no trouble, using the same output formats and CSS. So we are stymied as to what might be the problem with these one or two Flare projects.
ctremblay
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ctremblay »

I don't know if this is exactly the same problem as you're seeing - but it looks very close. Wanted you to see this forum post in case you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=28373#p124442
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I'd suggest testing the project when it's not bound to TFS.

Use Project > Zip Project > Zip Project, and choose to remove the source control binding.
Open the zipped project to a different folder, then open the project and try building the project.

If it's still slow to build, then you know it's not TFS, and the issue is probably Flare v12 vs v11 (which would have been my first guess).
ctremblay wrote:I don't know if this is exactly the same problem as you're seeing - but it looks very close. Wanted you to see this forum post in case you haven't already: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=28373#p124442
In that post, the problem I was having is that Pending Changes is slow to update, or displays incorrect information.
My build speed is fine.
rheck
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rheck »

My team of 3 also cannot build while connected to TFS. The build status says "Running" but nothing happens.

However, if we click the Disconnect button on the Source Control ribbon, we are able to build. Seems some sort of communication is trying to take place between Flare and TFS during the build process. Other all source control file check in/out functions work fine.

MadCap support has no answers as of this writing.