Git (Bit Bucket) and Flare Don't Like Each Other Anymore

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
robync
Jr. Propeller Head

Git (Bit Bucket) and Flare Don't Like Each Other Anymore

Post by robync »

Hello,

Until 2 days ago, my colleague and I were happily using Flare 2016 r2 with Git via Bit Bucket.

Then, we upgraded to Flare 2017. I could no longer do anything in Flare other than open the project file. Clicking a folder would cause the program to stop responding. I was on the phone with Flare support a lot today. Our first task was to uninstall Flare 2017 and go back to Flare 2016 r2.

At that point, Flare would give the error:
LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException occurred
Out of memory

The last time I experience source control issues, the fix was to delete the local copy of the project and re-download from the repo. I tried. Downloading gets almost complete, then I get the error:
MadCap Flare has stopped working

I have uninstalled Flare entirely and reinstalled it (twice).
I have deleted the local Git repo and followed the instructions with Bit Bucket to clone it. I have lost track of how many times I have done that.

I cannot get the project to import.

Flare Support had me just open the project file from the local repository, which solved the crashing, but caused other problems when I tried to push/pull from the remote repo.

I'm running Windows 10 on a VM (VMWare Fusion).

Any ideas?
Daniel Ferguson
Propeller Head

Re: Git (Bit Bucket) and Flare Don't Like Each Other Anymore

Post by Daniel Ferguson »

I've upgraded to Flare 2017 for a couple projects that are bound to bitbicket-hosted GIT repos, and I haven't had any problem. I'm not using Flare to do the source control operations though. I'm using Source Tree for that.
Daniel Ferguson
Certified Flare Trainer & Consultant
smartoutput.com