Avoid Flare making changes to files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
fvila
Propeller Head

Avoid Flare making changes to files

Post by fvila »

Hi,

Using source control, I would like to keep track of which files have been changed due to a given issue ticket or new feature.
But changes caused by Flare in line 2 of the file get mixed up with the actual changes to the content:
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" MadCap:lastBlockDepth="4" MadCap:lastHeight="2942" MadCap:lastWidth="993">
If I was a systematic and methodical person, I might check each file as I commit it and revert these changes. But I'm not. :roll:
Is there a way to tell Flare not to make these changes to the content of files?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Avoid Flare making changes to files

Post by RamonS »

I don't think so...after all, Flare is the tool to make changes to files.

One idea might be to commit all files to source control, then check them out not using Flare, then use a different editor to make the changes you need, then commit everything again. Next time around Flare would not know the difference as long as the files are structured in a way Flare expects them to be. If you want to give that a try make a backup (or better two) of your entire project, just to be safe...although with changesets in place you can roll back changes as well. In this case being a bit paranoid will go a long way.