Having trouble binding to GIT source control

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.

Having trouble binding to GIT source control

Postby adrianaharper on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 am

Hi everyone,

Starting a brand new Flare project, and I want to bind it to GIT. My Sys admin has provided a key, and set up our repo, but I'm sure where to put my GIT password inside Flare - so I seem unable, so far, to access the repo and push files? I am hoping someone can help me!

TIA,
Adriana
adrianaharper
Propeller Head

Re: Having trouble binding to GIT source control

Postby adrianaharper on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:38 pm

A bit more detail; I think I am getting stuck at the certificate stage. For some reason, I seem unable to authenticate my public and private keys; because I am unable to find a way to get my username and password for GIT into Flare, anywhere.

I tried this - viewtopic.php?f=68&t=27652 but I never was prompted to enter my username and password, I still get stuck at the certificate stage... ?
adrianaharper
Propeller Head

Re: Having trouble binding to GIT source control

Postby adrianaharper on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:55 am

For anyone else who may have gotten stuck... For some reason we couldn't get around the certificate authentication. So my Sys Admin downloaded a Flare trial, created a sample project, and loaded it to the repository himself. I was then able to import his project into Flare, which bypassed the certificate authentication, asked me for my credentials to GIT, which authenticated me, and now = problem solved.

Adriana
adrianaharper
Propeller Head

Return to Source Control