How do I change my SVN credentials?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Sofie Bird
Propeller Head

How do I change my SVN credentials?

Post by Sofie Bird »

I'm not holding out much hope here, seeing as the similar question on Git went largely unanswered, but:

I need to change the credentials Flare uses to log into SVN. When I started at my client's company, there was a SNAFU with the credentials, and a few of us wound up using the same credentials "temporarily", or so we thought. Now we have credentials of our own, but I can't get Flare to stop using the old ones.

I have tried a full uninstall, clear out the registry, clear out the roaming data, and reinstall, but while it forgets my license and language and recent projects, it still remembers the SVN credentials. Help? Where could this possibly be stored, if not in the registry, roaming data or software? TIA.
ogaleswapnil
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How do I change my SVN credentials?

Post by ogaleswapnil »

This was posted by another user via the Write the Docs slack, maybe it could be helpful for SVN too.

Looks like SCM info is stored in the `

Code: Select all

<CatapultProject>
` tag in the `.flprj` file itself.
Git shows up for me here:

Flare with Source Control enabled:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CatapultProject Version="1" 
MasterPageLayout="/Content/Resources/PageLayouts/Default.flpgl"
 MasterStylesheetOverride="True" 
SourceControlBound="true" 
Comment="This template contains a minimum number of content and project files, including a single topic. It is the best choice for those who want to begin with a skeleton project." 
MasterToc="/Project/TOCs/S_Help_Site.fltoc" 
SourceControlDatabase="C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\XXX Documentation\.git" 
SourceControlProviderType="Git" 
ProjectGuid="e769d5b7-5340-4d53-8b4c-1306ffda1fee" 
SourceControlDatabaseRoot="C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\XXX Documentation" xml:lang="en-us" 
MasterStylesheet="/Content/Resources/Stylesheets/MainStyles.css">
</CatapultProject>
Flare without Source Control

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CatapultProject Version="1" 
MasterPageLayout="/Content/Resources/PageLayouts/Default.flpgl" 
MasterStylesheetOverride="True" xml:lang="en-us" 
SourceControlBound="false" Comment="">
</CatapultProject>
Last edited by ogaleswapnil on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjw
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by jjw »

Am I missing something? I don't see the credentials there.
Sofie Bird
Propeller Head

Post by Sofie Bird »

Thank you, but I don't think that's it--that shows where the project is bound to source control, but not what the credentials are.

Additionally, when I relaunched Flare on a fresh reinstall (all registry and roaming data deleted), it did not know my license or my projects, and before I had even loaded a project, when I went to import something from the SVN directory, it still knew the credentials. So I don't think it can be getting it from a project, especially when the projects are stored in a non-standard directory that a fresh Flare installation wouldn't know about.

No reply yet from support, either.
Sofie Bird
Propeller Head

Post by Sofie Bird »

For anyone else looking:

We ended up solving this by just changing the password on the old set of credentials in the SVN server. Flare prompted for new credentials when we tried to open a source-bound project, allowing us to put in our new credentials.
Sofie Bird
Propeller Head

Post by Sofie Bird »

Followup: Flare Support did actually get back to me (thank you, Outlook, for your interesting definitions of "junk mail").

From support:
The SVN credentials are stored at the location specified below, if you delete the contents of this folder you should be prompted to re-enter your credentials.
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Subversion