Commits are slow

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Commits are slow

Post by GeorgeBell »

Apologies for the vague question here. We are based in the UK, with Flare 2017 R2 linked to a git repository near Boston USA.

Over the last 2-3 weeks, it has been taking much longer to Commit from Flare. For example as a test this morning, I changed an Index entry in 3 very small files, and it took 30 seconds.?

Having had to add over 900 Index entries of late, I have had to do Commits in batched of around 40-50 files, during which I can head off, make tea/coffee and it is still processing when I get back.

It may be pure co-incidence, but I suspect this started around the time of Microsoft's last Server 2016 updates.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Dee Vincent-Day
Propeller Head

Re: Commits are slow

Post by Dee Vincent-Day »

I am experiencing similar problems. Not only is the commit process slow I often have to wait for my computer to catch up with me. Be it moving the mouse pointer or typing.
Dee Vincent-Day
Technical Author
Piksel

liberating viewing | Piksel.com

http://www.piksel.com
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Commits are slow

Post by GeorgeBell »

Hi Dee,

In a way, it's a relief to know I'm not alone. A couple of questions, if I may.

1) Are you using git? FYI, while we are based in Northampton, UK, the main system is in Mass, USA.
2) You say "catch up". Are you seeing your mouse I bar jumping around for a few seconds before you can continue?