Binding Flare project to Git, trying to figure this out...

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Binding Flare project to Git, trying to figure this out...

Post by chrispitude »

I'm running Flare 2017 r3, and I'm experimenting with binding our project to Git. (Many of you prefer managing this externally - I will explore this too.)

How do I make a conflict occur? For example, I make branch #1 from parent and commit a change. Then I make branch #2 from parent and commit a conflicting change on the same line. I get no warning message. Then I merge branch #1 into the parent, then re-change the line in #2 - still no conflict message!
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Re: Binding Flare project to Git, trying to figure this out.

Post by chrispitude »

Also, a heads-up...

While experimenting with this, I was doing lots of saves and branch-switching to try scenarios out. I noticed that if I have a topic open, I change branches, then I make a change and save (Ctrl-S) quickly, the Pending Files list does not update OR updates improperly. If I wait a few seconds after changing branches, this bug does not occur. I reported this as a bug.

So just give the tool a few seconds after changing branches before doing anything that requires additional source control operations.
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Re: Binding Flare project to Git, trying to figure this out.

Post by chrispitude »

I was able to simulate a conflict by editing a topic file externally from Flare (in this case, from the GitLab web interface itself), then making a chance in the same area of the topic locally, then doing a Pull.