Git - "this remote has never connected"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Git - "this remote has never connected"

Post by oceanclub »

I'm trying to push a project to Git at Azure. But I get the following error:

LibGit2Sharp exception: this remote has never connected : could not authenticate

Does that just indicate my user/password combo is incorrect or something else?

P.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Re: Git - "this remote has never connected"

Post by Folkie »

Hi,

I've just got exactly the same error, trying to push a new project to Git (using BitBucket). I know my user name and password are correct.

Did you find a solution?

Jane
Folkie
Propeller Head

Solved! Re: Git - "this remote has never connected"

Post by Folkie »

Solved the problem - well, my version of it anyway. I had no problem logging directly into BitBucket and pushing changes where the Git repository had already been populated, it was the initial push of a new project to a new repository that was the problem.

As well as not being able to log into BitBucket via Flare, Cisco AnyConnect also wouldn't accept my user name and password, so our IT dept. started to investigate and eventually found the answer.

We use Active Directory and apparently there's a known issue whereby if your Windows password contains any of £, € or @ (those are the characters reported so far) certain tools won't work, including AnyConnect - and also, apparently, logging into BitBucket via Flare. I changed my Windows password and updated my BitBucket password to the new one, and was then able to successfully push my new project to the new Git repository.

So if anyone else has the same issue, it might be worth changing your Windows password.

I'll report this to Flare in case it crops up for anyone else.
smoore132
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by smoore132 »

Can I ask what special character worked for you? I tried the "!" and it didn't work either.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

It was £ in my Windows password that caused the problem. I've reported the problem and solution to Madcap and they're using it for troubleshooting, so if you've found that ! breaks it as well please would you report that so they can add it to the list. I was talking to Marvin Mallari, mmallari@madcapsoftware.com
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Folkie wrote:It was £ in my Windows password that caused the problem. I've reported the problem and solution to Madcap and they're using it for troubleshooting, so if you've found that ! breaks it as well please would you report that so they can add it to the list. I was talking to Marvin Mallari, mmallari@madcapsoftware.com
When reporting a bug, please don’t send email directly to a MadCap employee. Use the official report mechanism so that your bug report will be officially logged: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs/. When reporting a bug, one has the opportunity to reference another logged bug by its number. So, Folkie, instead of offering an employee email, I suggest you post your bug number here. That way, any of the MadCap persons who handle bug reports can add to your bug’s list of offending characters.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

Sorry Nita, I would if I could but I didn't make a bug report. Our IT dept. solved the problem themselves, I just reported the solution to Flare Support for their information, and Marvin was the person who replied. I don't have a bug number so have nothing to refer to, and I don't think my version of the issue was a Flare bug anyway, it's an Active Directory one.