Fonts/Styles not Displaying correctly on PDF Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Routematch123
Jr. Propeller Head

Fonts/Styles not Displaying correctly on PDF Output

Post by Routematch123 »

Hello!

So my hard-drive crashed on my other computer and I'm now loading my project from Git, but when I publish my PDF, my Fonts/Styles are completely off, not like they are supposed to look or how they used to look. Anyone else experience this issue? I've tried re-Importing the project several times, but still no success when I build the output. However, all the content/text/images are there!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Fonts/Styles not Displaying correctly on PDF Output

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums ! :)

You say your hard drive crashed. Having gotten a new hard drive, did you have to reinstall everything, including Windows? Have the fonts you need for PDF output been reinstalled? If not, Flare would use a default font in PDF output. If you reinstalled Windows, is it set to scale text size, say, to 125% of 150%? That will definitely cause fonts in PDF output not to “look right”; set scaling to 100%. If either of these ideas ring true, re-acquiring the project from Git won’t solve anything because, I suspect, there’s nothing wrong with the project.

Without more to go on about what you mean by “Fonts/Styles are completely off,” I’m not sure what else to suggest.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Routematch123
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Routematch123 »

Hello Nita! Thanks for your reply.

So I do have Windows 10 Pro installed on my new machine. How do I reinstall the fonts? The only thing I did was load Flare and type in my License Key - Then I installed ghostscript as that was on of the warnings on the output file.

I also believe that nothing is wrong with the project retrieved from git, as it seems to be the PDF Output that is the problem. I've scaled the display back to 100%, although I've tried it already and didn't seem to fix the problem. The strange thins is that on Tuesday when I published this same document, the fonts seemed to be correct, just a few minor style errors (Image missing from cover page, bullets gone), but somehow the next time I published the same document, it looked completely wrong. I do know how to get my Image back on the cover page...
Routematch123
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Routematch123 »

Also, when I open the Build Log, I'm seeing some Warnings listed - not sure if this will help solve the mystery...