Flare and Bitbucket: Failed to authenticate SSH session

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
sarahb
Propeller Head

Flare and Bitbucket: Failed to authenticate SSH session

Post by sarahb »

I'm currently doing a proof of concept to bind Flare to Bitbucket (we've been successfully using SVN already). I can't seem to get it to push or pull at all. I could use some help!

I’ve created my SSH keys on my machine, and the public key is associated with my admin account on BitBucket. I’ve created a repository on Bitbucket and got the SSH url for the repository.

I’ve plugged in the information into Flare (Project Properties > Source Control > Bind Project). I've tried enabling and disabling Push on bind.

When it binds, it seems to bind to my local machine (the Database and Database Folder points to the location of the Flare project on my local machine).

When I try to push or pull to Bitbucket through Flare, I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

error: Could not authenticate.
Source Control: Failed to authenticate SSH session.
Callback returned error: Could not authenticate.
A second error dialog box then pops up with the following:

Code: Select all

Failed to start SSH session: Unable to exchange encryption keys
I tried using the Git bash on my Windows machine and confirmed that it successfully pushes and pulls through SSH. So there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the authentication—the problem is trying to do it through Flare.

I’ve also tried generating the SSH key both with, and without, a passphrase. Same results. Same errors.

Any ideas?
jjw
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare and Bitbucket: Failed to authenticate SSH session

Post by jjw »

I'm also having some problems with Bitbucket at the moment and they've reported some problems on their status page over the last few days. Maybe it's not you?
sarahb
Propeller Head

Post by sarahb »

If anyone is interested, I've got the solution, and it's crazy simple. I was using Git for Windows 2.20.1 (64-bit) to create my SSH keys. Apparently, Flare Support said they've "ran into an issue where versions of 2.19.2 or later have generated an SSH key that is unable to bind". So I found an older version (Git for Windows 2.18.0, 64-bit) and it was able to bind successfully.

So that explains why I could push/pull through the git bash, but not Flare--Flare has some sort of conflict with Git version 2.19.2 or later.

Hope that helps someone in the same situation!
karencann
Propeller Head

Post by karencann »

Thank you for the tip! This worked great for us with GitLab once we removed the extra line from the public key.

I've asked support to include this information in the help topics.