Push and Pull buttons do not push and pull (only commit)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head

Push and Pull buttons do not push and pull (only commit)

Post by oleksandr_kokoshyn »

Hello,

My colleague has an issue with Push and Pull buttons in the Flare UI:
They both trigger the Commit dialog, but do not start neither the Push, nor the Pull dialog.
The Synchronize button works as it should though.

We are using Git and Bitbucket.

What can that be?
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head

Re: Push and Pull buttons do not push and pull (only commit)

Post by oleksandr_kokoshyn »

We've just tried to uninstall/install Flare, and then imported the project again. Still the same behavior.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

Did you manage to fix this? We use Git and Bitbucket as well. I've had this happen several times, I suspect it's caused by conflicts between two authors' work. The only way I found to fix it was to delete my local version of the project and connect to it again from scratch, creating a new local copy. Only takes a couple of minutes and works every time.

We've had conflicts several times and I've never been able to resolve them, Flare's conflict tool just doesn't seem to work with Git/Bitbucket so I always have to resort to getting a fresh local copy. I've used it in a previous role with Tortoise SVN and it worked well, but not with Git. My colleague and I are very careful to avoid working in the same area of the project as each other so we have to stay in close communication, it's a bit of a pain as we work in different countries and time zones.

Jane
magicmanjoel
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by magicmanjoel »

A very late reply to this, but I've found that if you download Sourcetree from Bitbucket and open it to authenticate in your web browser, it allows you to use all of the Source Control functionality within Flare. Note that I do believe you have to use Sourcetree for the initial cloning of the repository, and you will need to re-authenticate often to keep it functioning.
Last edited by magicmanjoel on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.