TFS and Flare 2019

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
niglon
Jr. Propeller Head

TFS and Flare 2019

Post by niglon »

Also posted to Slack Forum:

So, we are now on the latest release of 2019 with TFS (or DevOps as it now seems to be called), Regularly Flare will show nothing in Pending Changes and yet TFS shows them waiting to be checked in. Flare will also list topics that were checked in by another person hours ago, but TFS says they are already there. Recently Flare has been "forgetting" to record File Moves in pending changes resulting in all kinds of mayhem. Is anyone else having this hassle.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: TFS and Flare 2019

Post by NorthEast »

Yes, people have reported issues with TFS in 2019.
For me, Flare 2019 frequently doesn't automatically add new files, so I have to do this manually in Visual Studio.

Unfortunately, I've found Pending Changes to be buggy (with TFS) since Flare v12.

But report all bugs to MadCap, and that'll hopefully increase the chance they'll be fixed.
BaritoneJP
Propeller Head

Post by BaritoneJP »

I agree with:
Dave Lee wrote:Unfortunately, I've found Pending Changes to be buggy (with TFS) since Flare v12.
... and I do report bugs to MadCap. However, I very rarely get anywhere with support.

I have many source control issues with TFS and Flare (and I agree, 'since version 12'). I have to use Visual Studio to remove mapping and then re-import to solve most issues. Recently, even after importing using Flare, I have to use Visual Studio to 'get latest' because Flare refuses to do so.
Thank you for your comments and help with my quandary ...
Jamey
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Because the integrated source control was a bit dodgy when I first started using Flare in my current company, we did all our source control outside of Flare (we use SVN). It does require doing things manually, and you have to remember to add files to source control and do checkins, but we're now pretty much in the swing of things, so would that be something you could consider? I know it sounds like a retrograde step but it might be worth investigating if you're having problems with things as they are currently.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx