Flare 2020 can sync but not import new project from Git

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
elisa-cdk
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 2020 can sync but not import new project from Git

Post by elisa-cdk »

New laptop with Flare 2020, Git 2.22.0, Atlassian Bitbucket for remote repos, using HTTPS for source control but also tested with SSH

Can clone and update other repos using SourceTree (so the Git/Bitbucket SSH is configured correctly). Can sync an existing local Flare project repo with Bitbucket through Flare Source Control.

Import New Project from Source Control hangs on the initial download to temp file. Stops after the initial status message: "Cloning git repository...
Cloning into 'C:\Users\singhr\AppData\Local\Temp\_git_temp_working__3E0999D'..."

Can anybody think of a reason why this would block import but not sync? Any clues would help.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 2020 can sync but not import new project from Git

Post by Nita Beck »

elisa-cdk wrote:Import New Project from Source Control hangs on the initial download to temp file. Stops after the initial status message: "Cloning git repository...
Cloning into 'C:\Users\singhr\AppData\Local\Temp\_git_temp_working__3E0999D'..."
Are you sure the process is stopping at that point? In my experience, the cloning operation may take a while, based on how large the project is you're getting out of Git. Be patient. Let the process go awhile. (It would be nice if Flare gave us a progress indicator, instead of appearing to hang.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
elisa-cdk
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by elisa-cdk »

Tried a long wait, and it didn't come through. I have more information, though - the process does time out with a quick flash of a message as the window closes. Time frame seems reasonable - 10-20 minutes.

Most puzzling attribute is why the source control linkage works for existing bound projects (push, pull, commit - all good) but import from source control fails.
elisa-cdk
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by elisa-cdk »

We never did find out what caused this weird behavior, but it resolved itself when IT had to do some unrelated work on the laptop. I'm guessing something went wrong in an install somewhere.
debdebtig
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by debdebtig »

I'm running into this now but for only one project. The user just installed the latest version of Flare (2021 r2) and imported their first project without any issue, the 2nd project fails repeatedly. I'm baffled. :?
:flare: 2022r2 :capture: v7