XML Editor Compare Feature?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

XML Editor Compare Feature?

Post by Telecaster52 »

Hello

Is there a way for GitHub to mark new pushed changes to a repository via the XML editor instead of the Text Editor? Does anyone know if there is a setting in Flare (or GitHub) that allows for the user to see what has changed via the XML editor in Github?
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: XML Editor Compare Feature?

Post by Chicago_HPT »

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but try this. in Flare, right-click the topic you want to compare in the Content Explorer, and then select Source Control>Show Differences from the context menu. Flare opens a side-by-side comparison of the XML for file you're editing and the copy last saved to the source control.

Note that you need to associate the project with the source control in the Project tab in order to do this.

I hope that helps,
-jeff
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

Post by Telecaster52 »

Thanks, Jeff!

More specifically, I was hoping that there was a settingin Flare that allows for us to see changes in GitHub in an XML editor View. GitHub currently shows the changes as they would appear in the XML editor. I'm not sure how to post a screenshot that I can show you in the forums.

Thanks!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

To add a screenshot, use the Upload attachment tab that appears below the reply box. (I forget where it is regularly. :) )
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

Post by Telecaster52 »

OK. An example is in the screenshot below. This appears to be the Text Editor compare function in GitHub, not the XML editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.