Flare readds branches deleted via git command line

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare readds branches deleted via git command line

Post by oceanclub »

We use Flare with git and I was wondering why old branches were popping up again.

I noticed that if I delete a branch both remotely and locally using the command line (say "git branch -D branch_name), then re open Flare, Flare seems to recreate the branch again locally.

Is there any way to stop this behaviour?

P.
morgan
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare readds branches deleted via git command line

Post by morgan »

A bit late to the party but I am experiencing this as well. Did you ever find a resolution?

I've got 2 branches that have been deleted in Azure DevOps but continue to show in Flare. I can click Delete Branch, confirm the operation, and they disappear from the Branches list - but only temporarily. After a refresh, or if I close Flare and re-open, those branches I deleted are visible again.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare readds branches deleted via git command line

Post by oceanclub »

morgan wrote:A bit late to the party but I am experiencing this as well. Did you ever find a resolution?

I've got 2 branches that have been deleted in Azure DevOps but continue to show in Flare. I can click Delete Branch, confirm the operation, and they disappear from the Branches list - but only temporarily. After a refresh, or if I close Flare and re-open, those branches I deleted are visible again.
Afraid I never got a concrete solution. "Ghost" branches often pop up again!

P.