Cannot unbind from source control

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
lisadames
Propeller Head

Cannot unbind from source control

Post by lisadames »

I use git for source control, but I do not have my project bound to source control in Flare, as I prefer to manage checkouts and checkins manually. I installed Flare 2021 r3, and my project was automatically bound to git. I want to unbind it. I have tried Project > Properties > Source Control > Unbind Project > OK. I have also tried View > Source Control Explorer > Settings > Unbind. However, each time I open my project, is still bound to git. What am I doing wrong?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot unbind from source control

Post by doc_guy »

It is a bug in Flare 2021R3.

Here's what you can do. ONLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU HAVE BOUND GIT AT A HIGHER LEVEL FOLDER THAN THE FLARE PROJECT FILE.

Open the files in Windows Explorer, and open the folder where your Flare flprj file lives (your Flare project file).

Flare added files here, but you may have to use View > Show hidden files in Windows Explorer to see them.

You need to delete the .git folder. You need to delete the .gitignore file. If you see any further .git files, you can delete them too.

Now, roll back to Flare 2021 R2. If you need the download again, you should be able to get it (with your license key) here: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/download ... -products/.

I hope MadCap will release a patch soon, but in the mean time, the only thing I've found that works is rolling back to 2021 R2.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

KatherineMunro
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Cannot unbind from source control

Post by KatherineMunro »

Does 2021r3 with file version 17.2.8047.30191 include the fix for this issue?