Using Flare 4 with Borland StarTeam?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
kea62
Jr. Propeller Head

Using Flare 4 with Borland StarTeam?

Post by kea62 »

We're currently setting up Flare 4 with Borland StarTeam (our source control for all things software). The KB article GEN1016F mentions 3rd-party plug-ins for source control programs other than Visual SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server. Any knowledge of a plug-in for StarTeam?

When I try to bind a Flare Project to StarTeam using the source control interface, it almost appears to work. It tries to add all the files and folders, but ultimately all the operations end up failing. There is a step in the process where I logon to StarTeam, but there is no place to enter username/password. Flare is obviously getting into StarTeam because it lists the current projects. I suspect, however, that it may not have permission to add items.

How can I set the logon credentials when using the source control interface?

Thanks!

Kathryn
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Flare 4 with Borland StarTeam?

Post by RamonS »

Flare can theoretically talk to any source control system that works with the MSSCC API. Given the tech spec flyer on the Borland website it appears as that StarTeam can be accessed directly from VisualStudio, which might suggest that this API is supported. Try binding a test project to StarTeam using the tools that Flare provides and see if that gets you anywhere. Maybe there is no need for a third party plugin.
kea62
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kea62 »

Thanks, Ramon - the software developers do have the plug-in necessary for StarTeam. However, we still can't get a test project hooked up correctly using Flare. Any other ideas? Is there some setting we need to change in Flare to enable it to log into StarTeam?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I don't know much more since I don't use source control at the moment. You can get in touch with support, maybe they can give some more advice. Other than that, any native client to StarTeam should be able to pick up the files on your system and add them to / get them from the repository. That will be outside of Flare and a bit annoying, but at least the files are in source control.