Failed to load persistent dialog settings error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
knichols
Propeller Head

Failed to load persistent dialog settings error

Post by knichols »

Hi,

We're using Flare with TFS source control, and having some real issues getting source control to work correctly.

I've been manually checking the files into and out of Source Control, with the project unbound. We are still having issues however.

The latest issue is a series of error messages that display when I try to save the glossary file.

These error messages say: "Problem(s) in background thread: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. [System.NullReferenceException] Dialog: ComputeGlobalGlossaryCacheProgressDialog Stack Trace: at B3.XmlKit.XmlDocumentWrapper.GetEncoding(Stream fs, Boolean disposeReader)....

It goes on in this general way for a bit.

The latest error message that I think may be related is a popup. It says:

"Failed to load persistent dialog settings: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Does anyone know what these 2 messages mean? Or if they are even related?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
dEdwards
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Failed to load persistent dialog settings error

Post by dEdwards »

Hi!

I'm pretty new to Flare. I am getting the "Failed to load persistent dialog settings: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Parameter name: length" error, and I'm wondering if you ever figured out what this error means? I noticed I am only getting it on my HTML5 target and not my PDF or Word targets.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!