Page 1 of 1

Binding an existing project using Team Foundation Server

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:22 pm
by jossch
Need some help. I have an existing project which used to be successfully bound in VSS. Now the development team has moved for VSS to Team Foundation Server (TFS). While they finalized the new source control location, I've been working on my project outside of source control.

So, today I finally updated the project that was migrated to the TFS with my local copy and created a new working folder for TFS. When I opened the project and went through the process of binding my project it displays an error message. As I click through the dialogs, I receive a message that their is no working folder mapping for the folder mapped in TFS. I know the folder exists, because I can check the project in and out through TFS to that working folder.

Re: Binding an existing project using Team Foundation Server

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 am
by forfear
Are there any pre-existing bindings made before...perhaps to a subfolder or a working folder was defined somewhere else in TFS for the project? During one of the manual, Get Latest, operations...perhaps?

anyway there might be a nested directory perhaps somewhere in there, that might have an preset working folder...get rid of it...let the subfolder inherit the working folder that you've set for the root...

i hope this comes across a little clearer...i haven't been posting on Flare or on the forums for quite a long time. been working more with wordpress for a corporate website to be released soon...

Re: Binding an existing project using Team Foundation Server

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:34 am
by jossch
The project was pre-existing. Created and then bound to Visual Source Safe in earlier versions of Flare. Just recently (with the current release) the department has switched to TFS. I removed the binding to VSS and tried to bind to TFS and that's when I received the error.

I tried removing the folder mapping and re-mapping to another location. No luck.
I brought over the developer that is working with TFS and we worked on it for awhile. Changing the location of the output files, changing the mapping location. etc. No luck.

Finally, I created an empty project and when I was creating it I bound it to TFS. Worked beautifully. So, with the help of the developer, we copied the code in the project file and pasted it into our real project's project file. It now seems to be working. It was a round about way of doing it, but at this point I'm just glad to have it working. Unless we move from TFS, we won't be changing the binding again, so alls good as long as it works in my opinion.

Thanks!