Madcap .props files not added to SourceSafe

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Madcap .props files not added to SourceSafe

Post by navoff »

I have something bizarre happening with files I have bound to SourceSafe. A number of my images have been edited in Madcap's Capture program which produces a .props version of each file. For reasons I have yet to figure out, some of those .props files aren't getting added to SourceSafe. Since the .props files don't appear in the Content Explorer of Flare, I can't manually add them that way.

Instead, I tried opening up SourceSafe to manually add the .props files. What I found truly weird is that neither the .png nor the .props versions of the files show up in the directory when I try to add the .props files to SourceSafe. Yet the .png files show up in the file list in SourceSafe. <cue Twilight Zone music>

I double checked in Windows Explorer that the files were physically in the Images directory and there were no security limitations on them. So, why can't SourceSafe see the .png and .props files and why didn't the .props files automatically get added? I didn't do anything different for them than any of the others and yet some of the .props files got added and some didn't.

This one has me scratching my head....

.png files show up in Flare and SourceSafe:
Flare-SSafe_files.png
.png and .props Files show up in Windows Explorer:
WE_files.png
Files not appearing in SourceSafe Add Files pop-up window:
SSafe_addfiles.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Madcap .props files not added to SourceSafe

Post by forfear »

try starting a blank project with only a few props files. is this happening consistently or only for some of them?
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
shubhransu
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Madcap .props files not added to SourceSafe

Post by shubhransu »

I am also facing the same problem in MKS version control software. The .props files, created for conditional tags, are not appearing in MKS.