Wanted: Web Dvlpr familiar with Flare & Feedback Server

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
th3el
Jr. Propeller Head

Wanted: Web Dvlpr familiar with Flare & Feedback Server

Post by th3el »

MY NEED: I seek a Web Developer who knows MadCap well (but need not be a Tech Writer) and is interested in a novel project.

WHY? The project is TOP (THEE-Online Project) which is a website-cluster whose main content will be numerous inter-related Flare Projects (or more probably one super-giant Flare Project) : i.e. MadCap is the CMS for the website.

WHAT IS IT? TOP aims to make a Taxonomy of Human Elements in Endeavour (THEE) widely available. The taxonomy enables personal understanding to support individual freedom, responsibility and achievement. The webpages need to be interactive, so the web developer must be very familiar and comfortable with FeedbackServer and WebHelpPlus as well as the Flare suite.

MY PART: I am responsible for organizing the project. It's my stuff. THEE material (in WebHelpPlus) will be provided by Flare-experts that I engage for the task. Topics will need correcting and improving by me on a fairly regular basis for some time—so I am learning Flare basics to enable this limited role.

WEB DVLPR TASKS: TOP also has some sets of ordinary html files, not large, virtually all completed and unlikely to change much over time. These need not be put in Flare (but some certainly could be). The site will require usual features like HomePage design, Registration-Authentication, Forums, User-controlled Profile, Database, Analytics etc. Usability is a high priority: getting help is not mechanical when it is about knowing and being yourself.

I think the Main Navigation is fairly well worked out. The main design work outside Flare involves harmonizing non-Flare html pages with the Flare look. In this regard, I was very impressed with the look and performance of autotask.com, which I suspect might be entirely Flare; & process-aide.com showed something similar.

MONEY: A method of monetization has not yet been determined, but (if the past is any guide) it will be.

NOW & FUTURE: This is a substantial and long-term project which will need completion in stages. I prefer someone who will stick with TOP and me, but my primary goal now is to get to Stage 1 soon, so as to demonstrate that a website can be built, made to work and even generate some interest. I would like Stage 2 to build on feedback and commence in H2-2010: it may require a Wiki and other tools to help users.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS & MATERIALS: warrenk@th3el.com
Contact me at: warrenk@th3el.com