Senior tech writer available - Flare expert

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
cjasper
Jr. Propeller Head

Senior tech writer available - Flare expert

Post by cjasper »

I started working with Flare and Analyzer about 18 months ago. Converted a client's full doc set and have been working in Flare ever since... and love it! Would like to use no other tools but Flare going forward, so I'm glad to have found this forum. More about me, in general:

Research, analyze, design, and write technical documentation in all formats across several industries. Proven track record of producing excellent documentation on time and under budget. Possess excellent analytical and organizational skills. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and cope well with constantly changing requirements. Passionate about learning and documenting new technologies. Require very little supervision and support from clients. Expertise in most tools of the trade (MadCap Flare, Dreamweaver, Frame, Word 2007, Robo, XMetaL, Vasont) and familiarity with many more (Twiki, MediaWiki, WikiSpot, SVN, Perforce, CVS).

Specialties: Enterprise software documentation for all audiences: install, configure, deploy for IT -- user, reference, tutorial for end users. FDA regulations for quality systems: help medical device manufacturers get their quality systems in compliance with FDA regulations, ISO standards, and GMP. Web site design/development: HTML, Javascript, ShopSite and Mercantec shopping cart software for e-commerce.

Prefer contract - either W-2 or 1099 - but would consider full-time employment under the right circumstances. Based in the SF bay area -- willing to travel some.

Links:

Technical Writing: http://www.cjasper.com/writing
Web Site Design: http://www.cjasper.com/websites
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cjasper
joy
Propeller Head

Re: Senior tech writer available - Flare expert

Post by joy »

Hello, I'm checking resource availability for the July-Sept time frame. Are you still available for contract work?
Regards,
Joy
cjasper
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cjasper »

Yes, I'm available but not until Aug. I'm scheduled right now through the first or second week in August and could start right after that. Please contact me directly at cheryl AT cjasper DOT com, if you're interested.

BTW, I have a lot more experience now. In fact, I'm about to complete a conversion project from Frame to Flare - 5 books (over 2000 pages with lots of complex tables) converted to one help project - so my experience has broadened since I last posted.

Thanks for contacting me!

cj
knichols
Propeller Head

Post by knichols »

Good morning; I'm checking to see if you would still be availabe in August and how flexible you were on travel.....how would you feel about the east coast?

If you could post a reply that would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,

KNichols
cjasper
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cjasper »

Thanks for asking. I've just lined up a project from mid-Aug to mid-Sept. If you can wait until mid-Sept for me to start, I'm available and have no problem with travel. If that works for you, please let me know, and I'll send you my regular email address privately. Thank you for your consideration.

cj
cjasper
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cjasper »

Just a quick update. My experience with Flare has increased now to 2 years, and I've done a bunch more conversions in the last 6 months. I'm available full-time starting the beginning of February, so if you need help with your Flare documentation needs or need someone to convert your docs from other tools to Flare while your writers keep writing, I'm your gal!

Please check out my resume at http://www.cjasper.com/writing or my LinkedIn profile to see all the wonderful things my clients have said about me. :)

Thanks for your consideration.

cj