WinHelp-to-Flare? Mentoring? Flare Consultant Available

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
NeilPerlin
Jr. Propeller Head

WinHelp-to-Flare? Mentoring? Flare Consultant Available

Post by NeilPerlin »

WinHelp is dying. If you still create online help or doc in HLP or WinHelp2000 format, it’s time to move to XHTML before the old project become unsalvageable. In the past two years, I’ve converted three large WinHelp projects (750 topics from an electrical utility, 1700 from a financial software firm, and 5000 from an engineering firm) to WebHelp. The work consisted of doing the initial conversion, cleaning up WinHelp features that didn’t convert well to XHTML, and replacing years of accumulated inline formatting with styles.

I can also peer-review Flare projects, help define and create information types and associated Flare topic templates to help you move toward structured authoring, and clean up styles.

Now in my 32nd year in technical communication, with 25 years in hypertext in general, 21 years with various Windows-based help authoring tools and WinHelp, and a Flare-Certified Instructor and consultant. Expert in, and certified in, Flare, RoboHelp, Mimic, and Captivate. Expert in and have taught HTML and XML.

Prefer 1099 contract work. Based outside Boston, MA but able to work remotely world-wide and can travel as necessary for project meetings, client meetings, etc.

Links:
Email – nperlin@nperlin.cnc.net
Web site – http://www.hyperword.com