Experienced Technical Author (UK, Midlands pref))

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
straygoat
Sr. Propeller Head

Experienced Technical Author (UK, Midlands pref))

Post by straygoat »

Hello

If you are looking for a UK based technical author (technical writer) on a contract or freelance basis, I may be able to help. I've been working as a technical author for over 15 years, producing online help and hard copy documentation for software used in the utilities/energy industries. During that time, I've worked with MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Flare and also a little with Adobe InDesign. I also have a degree in Technical Communication and have experience working as an SEO copywriter, so if you need web optimised marketing content, I can write that too. I try to combine the two different writing disciplines to create clear, concise technical documentation that provides customers with the information they need and promotes your product and brand. So it's not just technical communication - it is documentation that also enhances your reputation and relationship with customers.

I run my own technical communication/copywriting business and am available to work on a contract or freelance basis. I'm based in the Midlands (UK), so prefer opportunities within 1 hour commute, although I will consider all opportunities. If you are happy for me to work remotely, that is fine by me - I have my own licenced copy of Flare so can work at home with ease. I use InDesign too and have access to Mac and Windows operating systems.

You can get in touch with me at craigwright@straygoat.com or feel free to add me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id ... rk=tab_pro

Thanks!

Craig
Craig Wright
Freelance Technical Author and SEO Copywriter
Midlands, UK
http://www.straygoat-technicalauthor.co.uk