Short-Term near D.C. for Assembly/Config Instructions

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
Fierce_K
Propeller Head

Short-Term near D.C. for Assembly/Config Instructions

Post by Fierce_K »

I am looking for someone to work in tandem with me to create detailed retrofit instructions for a radar/camera sensor suite and associated C2 equipment on a military trailer. This would be short-term only, as the contract expires on December 15 of this year and the position would NOT continue past then. The start date is ASAP, pending approval from the prime contractor and in-processing details. Once the final components start rolling in to perform the retrofit, the workload will likely be quite intense (the engineers have been dawdling, but the deadline is not being pushed accordingly).

As far as I'm aware, the candidate would need to be employed by the prime contractor directly (rather than as an independent consultant or employee of another company) during that time period.

The ideal candidate would have experience writing assembly instructions (e.g. drilling, installing rivet nuts, etc.) as well as writing about computer configuration instructions related to networking equipment, although I'd take assembly instructions over computer configuration experience. Light photo editing experience will be helpful, as much of the assembly instructions can be conveyed by a well-framed photo and concise call-outs.

This is not a work-at-home job, as much of the content gathering is very hands-on and collaborative.

Candidate Qualifications:

Ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
Familiarity with Flare, but I have 90% of the formatting set up already, so you don't have to be a Flare Guru (won't hurt though)
Ability to learn specified technology and applications quickly
Must have a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Familiarity with military organizations and terminology, especially Army, considered a plus

Contact kathleen.d.chang (at) gmail.com with resume (and a sample of prior work, if possible).