Intro to Zendesk webinar Tue 23rd Sept 2pm BST (also Flare)

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
stevewiseman
Jr. Propeller Head

Intro to Zendesk webinar Tue 23rd Sept 2pm BST (also Flare)

Post by stevewiseman »

Hi all,

I have been involved in an online discussion this week regarding if it's possible to use Flare and Zendesk (customer support platform and help center) together. While there isn't presently a solution (we are working on it), I saw there was benefit in giving an introductory webinar on Zendesk, the help center and integrations. Personally, I think allowing existing Flare users to deploy their content on Zendesk provides considerable benefits. Basically, using a very flexible cloud-based solution whilst maintaining your favourite app for authoring and managing the content.

Please note the time is presently not great for all US users. According to demand, I'll do an additional webinar the same day but later.

The link and agenda is below. I will also read comments here, if anyone sees a benefit in posting.

http://goo.gl/l6pN3y. (Link is to a Google form)

Webinar agenda
• Our changing world for authoring, collaboration and the cloud
• What is Zendesk as a customer support platform
• What is the Zendesk Help Center
• Demos and examples
• Integrating the Zendesk platform with other apps
• Integrating the Zendesk Help Center with other apps, ie Flare and Sabio.
(Any Flare developers, I would love you to join as well.)

All are invited.
Best regards,
Steve Wiseman, CEO | http://www.context.co.il
UK M +44 793 741 9804 | Isr M +972 522 341957 | swiseman@context.co.il|Sk: zusman | Twitter: stwiseman
Getting Support in Context
jdw2465
Propeller Head

Re: Intro to Zendesk webinar Tue 23rd Sept 2pm BST (also Fla

Post by jdw2465 »

So I'm way late to the table on this discussion. But I think this discussion should be at the top of every thinking tech writer's list. In a world where writers are fewer, editors are scarcer, tools teams are now the tech writers (in many mid- to small-sized companies) and the demand for info increases as tech support teams either can't handle the call volumes or don't want to, content curation in tech comm has got to top the list...it does top my list of real (though, only potential) solutions.

MadCap Pulse promises to bring existing doc into a social media setting; but then there are already so many established tech support forums that it's a bit like opening a hamburger shop next to McDonald's and Wendy's and expecting people to come. [maybe they would if you could show that your burger was far better than the competition's burger? but I digress....]

How can my doc content, Pulse social media strategy, and our support team's ZenDesk solution join hands to the benefit of my customer (and our overworked support team)?

Would love to learn what is being done "out there" by others to create "one information source to rule them all," to the benefit of our collective customers.

Thoughts, fellow MadCappers?
Derek

stevewiseman
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Intro to Zendesk webinar Tue 23rd Sept 2pm BST (also Fla

Post by stevewiseman »

Hi Derek,

We have made the app you referred to here. Please see this link in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27835
Best regards,
Steve Wiseman, CEO | http://www.context.co.il
UK M +44 793 741 9804 | Isr M +972 522 341957 | swiseman@context.co.il|Sk: zusman | Twitter: stwiseman
Getting Support in Context