Freelance tech writer for Internet Gateway product

This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
dfb
Jr. Propeller Head

Freelance tech writer for Internet Gateway product

Post by dfb »

Greetings from Vancouver, Washington!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays so far!

Q1 is going to be mighty action packed here at SmartRG (http://www.smartrg.com) so I’m tasked with adding a technical writing resource. There are at least two projects of note during Q1 but additional freelance work is likely to follow for the right person.

The main project that I need a writer for is a brand new product. It’s a home internet gateway that we’ll sell directly to ISPs that will have some serious capability under the hood. Some amount of telecommunications background or experience writing for a similar product would be strongly preferred. There will be meetings with SMEs and a fair number of interviews required as this is a brand new UI and a brand new platform (OpenWRT) for us that this bad boy is based on. The good news is that the features (equivalent functionality) already exists in our earlier generation home gateways we produce. As a result, there may be at least some verbiage from an existing User Manual that can be leveraged. (Namely, descriptions of specific fields in the UI and what they do.)

It would be ideal for this writer to be based here in the Northwest (Oregon/Washington) that could be on-site from time to time but working remotely could be an option for the right candidate. We have existing style sheets, page layouts and some boilerplate material for the introductory section of the Manual. This means you can rip right into authoring Topics.

Please also share this with your colleagues or contact me directly if you are interested in learning more.

Many thanks!
David

--
SMART/RG
DAVID BUSEY
/ Manager of Knowledge Services
http://www.smartrg.com