Kollmorgen, a leading international manufacturer of high-performance motion control products and systems, is part of the Fortive Corporation. We have an immediate need for a full-time technical writer to join the Santa Barbara, CA design center of excellence for electronics. To apply please submit an application at https://fortive.taleo.net/careersection ... 71&lang=en or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.696.1242
Job description as follows:
A full-time Technical Writer position to develop, modify, and edit customer facing technical documentation, including: product manuals, technical notes, HTML Help, datasheets, and sales publications.
You will work directly with engineering and customer support teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of products and technologies. Your primary responsibility will be to generate documentation and graphics for an online support site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work in a small, dynamic, development team to:
• Create and edit product documentation for software and hardware
• Work directly with engineers to document new product features, APIs, and GUIs
• Create Online Help for various GUIs and print-friendly PDF documents from single-source
• Create and edit graphics, diagrams, and optimize digital photos
• Create Release Notes for software releases
• Develop Quick Start Guides
• Create product datasheets
• Manage files for translation and prepare deliverables for distribution.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3+ years’ experience in technical writing
• Must have strong editing skills and experience in single-sourcing as well as a proficiency in HTML and CSS. Experience with JS is a plus.
• Proficiency with both Madcap Flare CMS and Lingo Translation Management or similar tools
• Experience with Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Corel Draw (or equivalent software) is a plus
• Familiarity with motion control technology, software development, Visual BASIC, motion control, servo closed-loop control, I/O devices, and networks is a plus
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to comprehend high-level technology concepts
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. In addition, you must be able to organize and maintain a library of data and graphics
Tech Writer Wanted for Industrial Automation Leader
This forum is for job posting and resume posting for any type of technical writing position using Madcap Software Products.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Jr. Propeller Head
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm
1 post • Page 1 of 1