Search Results Selection Page--Links Breaking

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
jj
Propeller Head

Search Results Selection Page--Links Breaking

Post by jj »

My 4.2 Dot Net Help's Search feature is not working properly. When users search for a word, a results list page displays as expected but when one of the result's items is clicked from the page, the MadCap Help Viewer displays its "page cannot be shown" error message. The target files appear to be in their proper places.

It is worth noting that this project is actually 10 separate projects merged when compiled using the TOC merge feature. This output has been out in the world for a couple of years so I don't know why this Search issue has come up recently or whether the problem has been there for a while and no one has bothered to call it in. (A colleague pointed it out to me recently.) The version of Flare is 4.2.

In the Data folder in the compiled output, there are 60 search files, one Search.xml and 59 Search_Chunk#.xml files from 1 to 59.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the search results page? Did I miss an obvious step somewhere?

Thanks to anyone who can clue me in.
search1.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jj
Propeller Head

Re: Search Results Selection Page--Links Breaking

Post by jj »

MadCap Tech Support provided the answer----in version 4.2 of Flare, enable the "Pre-merge Search Database File" option on the Performance tab on the DotNet Help target properties screen then rebuild. (I never even noticed that particular setting.)

Works like a charm.