Missing Linked Source Files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
Pohutukawa
Propeller Head

Missing Linked Source Files

Post by Pohutukawa »

I had found some solutions on this forum to try to troubleshoot the build problems, but they did not solve the problem.

When I run Tools > Build, I get four lines of "MIssing linked source file". They each point to the one file.

In Content Explorer, I right-clicked the file and chose Show Dependencies.

I found two files and fixed the hypertext links to that file.

When I right-click the suspect file, I got "Found no links", which is now correct. (In fixing the problem, I had redirected the links to an another updated file.)

Upon re-running the Tools > Build command, I still get the same four errors: "MIssing linked source file", all pointing to the one file.

What else can I check, please?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Missing Linked Source Files

Post by RamonS »

Did you save the changes? That is what comes to mind first...and last. No idea otherwise.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Missing Linked Source Files

Post by LTinker68 »

Check your stylesheet and masterpages to see if they have references to that file. I'm not positive if the masterpages will show up as linked references, so that may not be necessary. But you can reference a file from inside a property in the stylesheet and I don't think it'll show up in the show dependencies dialog. I know I had a missing image referenced in the stylesheet once and it was at build time that I found out it was missing.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.