Default Window position of viewer

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
rdeberry
Jr. Propeller Head

Default Window position of viewer

Post by rdeberry »

Hi,

I am using Flare 3.1 and I am having a weird window position on target machines. I have used the Merge Module and also running the msi file and both do exactly the same. When the user first runs my help file, the viewer window is almost off the desktop at the top of the screen. You cannot grab the title bar to resize it until you resize the window at the bottom and then grab the top.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Default Window position of viewer

Post by RamonS »

This sounds as if the window size and position was specified for a higher resolution. Any chance the application saves the help window position or even adds a registry key with a position value during install? We see that here at work all the time when people demo stuff and remote desktop into their systems which have dual screens. Half of the things they want to demo are on the screen that we all can't see.
rdeberry
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Default Window position of viewer

Post by rdeberry »

Ok I think I found it under the default skin. The arrows on the outside of the box were grey. I changed the anchor (now red) on each arrow and expected the viewer to go full screen on target system. It displayed a smaller version right in the middle of the screen. But at least now I can resize it as I can see the title bar. I seem to remember the very first time I ran the Help viewer on my development system it did not go full screen either. The Flare help of course is inside the app and not a separate viewer. I am rebulding project and install with the outside 4 arrows enabled (red) and the 2 arrows on the inside set to grey (previously red). I assume that will tell the viewer to attach to edge of user screen and basically do the same as maximize. Wouldn't a setting for Windowsize=maximum like winforms have be simpler?