Related topic does not work with conditional text

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
Tom
Propeller Head

Related topic does not work with conditional text

Post by Tom »

Hi,
I work with differtent versions of the same software application. So I use very much conditional text and quite a few topic titels contain conditional text containing the names of the versions. But conditional tekst doesn't work when it is used in topic titles and the same topic titles are used in related topics.
In the compiled helpfile, the popup of the related topics show the complete text of the topic tilte: e.g."Using data in Unit 4 Multivers Unit 4 Multivers Lite Unit 4 Multivers Basic Unit 4 Accounting" ... where Unit 4 Multivers and Unit 4 Multivers Lite, Unit 4 Multivers Basic, and the other names are the conditional names of the application versions. So what I expected to see in the related topics popup was either "Using data in Unit 4 Multivers", or Using data in Unit 4 Multvers Lite"... and so on, depending on the version.

In the topics themselves the conditions in the title work all right in the compiled version, exept for the serarch-function where Flair searches the complete text and doesn't take the conditions into account. So it will also find the excluded text.
Am I doing something wrong?

I didn't test it in HTML-help or Webhelp. Only in Dot Net, that's why I posted the topic in this forum.

Tom
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Related topic does not work with conditional text

Post by KevinDAmery »

Most likely, the code in Flare that determines what to call a related link isn't taking the conditions into account - if I'm right, I would call that a bug. You can report bugs here:

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx

I don't know if this has been reported or not, so to be on the safe side report it and if it's a duplicate Madcap can sort it out :D
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Tom
Propeller Head

Re: Related topic does not work with conditional text

Post by Tom »

To be a bit more specific: in my helpfile I used the concept link and the 'See also' buttons in the topics.
But I reported it as a bug. Sorry I have no time to test it in a test-project. I just work with my (RH-imported) project(s). And that's where I discovered it.

Tom :(