Help viewer web part for SharePoint?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
royj
Propeller Head

Help viewer web part for SharePoint?

Post by royj »

I've been asked to investigate implementing context-sensitive help for an application developed on SharePoint (runs on WSS and MOSS). I've just started looking in to this, so if this is a painfully ignorant question, well, I feel painfully ignorant about how to do this.

Anyway, is there such a thing as a Web Part that will act as the Help viewer? Or one that can wrap around Flare's DotNet Help viewer? (Am I asking the wrong question?)

Thanks!
Roy Jacobsen
Writing, Clear and Simple
Fargo, ND
royj@writingclearandsimple.com
http://rmjacobsen.squarespace.com
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Help viewer web part for SharePoint?

Post by RamonS »

Since SharePoint forces one to use IIS I'd generate WebHelp and use the browser as help viewer.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Help viewer web part for SharePoint?

Post by wclass »

I can't help you with the Web Part question, but for what it's worth, we use Share Point document libraries for Webhelp for our help files. We use context sensitive help (CSH) easily. The apps that access the help files are not necessarily Share Point applications, mostly just other web apps. We have a knowledge base generated from Flare in webhelp that is accessed using the URL CSH method.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne