Sending topic references as a URL?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
5ynic
Propeller Head

Sending topic references as a URL?

Post by 5ynic »

Hi all, hopefully someone can answer my badly put question here....

We are considering switching from HTML output, to dotnethelp for the online helps for our application.

Something I often need to do is to send topic URLs to users (who are not necessarily running the application the helps are for at that time, but who can be assumed to have the help viewer installed on their machine) so that the clients can click to view the topic I need them to read. Sometimes I need to send these topic URLs by email, other times in a chat window (depending where in the support cycle I am for the given client)

Can this be achieved using the dotnethelp output? Or is there no way to send a URL to a specific topic for this output type?

Thanks,
Jay
-- I hope this doesn't get appended to all my posts --
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Sending topic references as a URL?

Post by RamonS »

DotNetHelp is local help only and not served up by a web server as it is possible with WebHelp. No web server means no URL. But you can create both, WebHelp and DotNetHelp from the project. That is what I used to do, although I went with the CHM / WebHelp combo.