Indicate default files to use when creating a new project?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
sanjsrik
Sr. Propeller Head

Indicate default files to use when creating a new project?

Post by sanjsrik »

I'd like to make a template project in Flare. What I mean by this is, I've got a custom css and masterpage, print page, table styles, and variable file I want to use every time I create a new project. Yet, short of copying them in AFTER creating my project and deleting the "generic" project files so as to avoid confusion.

I haven't been able to find this so far, but maybe someone knows how to do this?

When creating a new project indicate all the 'project' files such as the following that the new project should use:
  • masterpage
  • css (text and table)
  • variable set
  • print page
  • target(s)
(any other files I'm forgetting that are necessary?)

thank you in advance

Nevermind, figured it out. New from existing sort of works, just seems like a hodgepodge of ALL of my previous project's files AND the new project starter files I don't want.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Indicate default files to use when creating a new projec

Post by Nita Beck »

Two approaches come to mind:

Approach 1. Save a project as a template. This will save everything in the project, and you'll then have to remove the junk you don't want in the template. See more here: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare12/ ... t=template

Approach 2. Export to a new project based on a single target. That will take everything with it for just that target. Then you can save the resulting project as a template. See more here about exporting: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare12/ ... ght=export

Hope this points you in a useful direction...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!