Imported files appear to be unlinked (but are still linked)

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
0Qq5Ew538tV
Propeller Head

Imported files appear to be unlinked (but are still linked)

Post by 0Qq5Ew538tV »

I have a child project imports snippets from a global project. Normally, the snippets that are imported have a link icon next to the name indicating that the snippets aren't local. Additionally, when you attempt to edit one of these files you will get a dialog explaining that the document is a linked document.

My problem is that for some imported snippets in my child project, the link icon has disappeared and I no longer receive the warning message. It appears these snippets have been unlinked. However, if I make changes to one of these seemingly unlinked files and then run another import, my local changes are overwritten with the snippet content from the global project. This means the snippet is still linked even though it appears to be unlinked.

Imports are still working, but the link icon has disappeared and no warning pops up when editing these snippets. It's very strange. How do I make the link icon reappear for these snippets?

I should note that in my import file when I click "Imported Files" to view the imported files, it's blank, even though I know the files are being imported because I can make a change to a snippet in the global project and it's imported to my child project when I run the import.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Imported files appear to be unlinked (but are still link

Post by doloremipsum »

I definitely share that first problem in at least one of my projects... Don't know the cause - however, I've been able to reapply the import links by force importing all of the files. Try importing all files from the global project or deleting the child copies of those files and reimporting them.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Imported files appear to be unlinked (but are still link

Post by NorthEast »

0Qq5Ew538tV wrote:I should note that in my import file when I click "Imported Files" to view the imported files, it's blank, even though I know the files are being imported because I can make a change to a snippet in the global project and it's imported to my child project when I run the import.
The other issue and this sound very strange.

I'd suggest making a backup of import file and then delete it from your project. Then create a brand new import file from scratch.

If you have any files in the "Removed Links" section of the import, then you'd have to add these in the new import file.
The easiest way to do this is to open the old import file in a text editor and copy/paste the whole <ExcludedFiles> section into the new import file - do this BEFORE you run the import for the first time.

It'll look something like this in the text editor:

Code: Select all

<ExcludedFiles>
    <Url
      Source="../../Content/Topic.htm"
      AbsoluteSource="file:///C:/xxx/xxx/xxx/Content/Topic.htm" />
  </ExcludedFiles>