Using the Export Function vs. copy paste entire project

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Using the Export Function vs. copy paste entire project

Post by Matze »

Hi all,
just thinking how to prepare an entire Flare template folder structure to use it for the next future projects.

What are your best suggestions?

On the one hand I can use Flare`s export function. But then I have to manually create empty folders for the content section (snipptets, images, topics). We use the dita folders task, concept and reference with a lot of subfolders....
On the other hand I can copy paste an existing entire project. But then I have to delete all project specific content files (snipptets, images, topics), which needs hours :shock:
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Using the Export Function vs. copy paste entire project

Post by doloremipsum »

You can use an existing Flare project as a template when you're creating new projects! Create a new Flare project with just the directory structure and default files you need and save it somewhere accessible to everyone. Then when you start a new project, select New from existing and use your template project. You will need to set the template up manually obviously, but you only need to do it once.

I use this to create 'blank' projects - the in-built Empty project is not empty enough for my purposes.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.