List of topics by output target....

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
AndrewF
Jr. Propeller Head

List of topics by output target....

Post by AndrewF »

Hello:

I know what I'm asking for is basically a Table of Contents, but is there another way to generate a laundry list of topics that are included in each output target? Obviously, I can use the ToCs, but opening them in Notepad, for example, also displays all of the code/XML/etc, which isn't very user-friendly for my product team.

Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: List of topics by output target....

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! ;)

I guess I'd tackle it this way, if there aren't too many targets (and maybe even if there are!)...

I'd do an export operation for each target. That way, for the selected target, I'd end up with a new project that had in it only the topics associated with that target. In that project, I'd view the File List filtered for .htm, .html. That'll yield the list of topics. From there, I could export the list to a .csv file.

Some Flare guidance to look at:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... ojects.htm
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... w-Pane.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
AndrewF
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by AndrewF »

Thanks so much! And of course, I also figured out a way to do it right after I posted when I realized that, duh, a Table of Contents is...a list of topics.

I opened the ToC for each target from the Project Organizer, switched to Grid view, then exported the ToC as CSV. Voila.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Doh! I should've thought of that myself. I don't use grid view very often but you are absolutely right!
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!