Related Topics in PDF version?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
heffevuna
Propeller Head

Related Topics in PDF version?

Post by heffevuna »

My client wants the links listed in the Related Topics control to also be available as cross reference links in the PDF version. Is there any way to do this easily? Otherwise, in each topic that contains the Related Topics control, I have to manually create a list of links and then mark them for print only.

If any of you have helpful tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

In the screenshot below, the darker green indicates online only; the lighter great print only.
related_topics.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
techwriter31
Propellus Maximus

Re: Related Topics in PDF version?

Post by techwriter31 »

You might want to investigate Mini-TOC proxies. They can be used in web- and print-based outputs and can either be inserted into a masterpage or topic.
Kellie
wbrisett
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by wbrisett »

Have you thought about using a relationship table? Reltables are carry-overs from DITA and seem to be exactly what you're looking for. Once you've created the Reltable, you would insert the relationship table proxy into each topic. The actual links then are controlled by a single item. In DITA they work a bit differently in that you don't have to insert them into the topics, they simply appear in the topics based on if the topic is in the reltable, but the one extra step in Flare isn't that big of a deal (although it would be nice if they mimicked the behavior of DITA).

Wayne
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Post by chrispitude »

I just tripped over this myself. Relationship tables aren't suitable for specific tactical references to other useful topics. Submitting an enhancement request...