Understanding of Condition Tags

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Bambina_Mena
Propeller Head

Understanding of Condition Tags

Post by Bambina_Mena »

Hello. I am fairly new to Flare and now need to utilize condition tags. I've read through Madcap's Conditional Tags document and the steps are clear but I need more of an explanatory understanding. Here is why I need to use condition tags (I will be as brief as possible). I have a set of application-specific documents. Now, the company has created a "mini" version of the application where certain functionality does not apply (and in a couple of cases... LARGE amount of text/entire tables do not apply to the mini version).

So, the 'A' set of documents is good to go. We have a stylesheet that is utilized, table styles, etc. And, I use a specific TOC when generating my PDF output (PDF target) for a particular "document".
1. Do I create a second/different PDF output for the 'B' document(s)?
2. Do I create and use a different TOC for the 'B' document(s)?
3. When I create a condition tags set (and conditions) is the idea that anything I apply them to WILL appear in the PDF output or is it that anything I apply them to WILL NOT appear in the PDF output? I created a test project, create a tag set and then a tag, applied it to a paragraph that I do not want to appear, but - it appears in the PDF output.

I am going to attempt to find a tutorial on how this all should work/what I need to do to implement.

Thanking anyone who replies in advance for your help.
Bambina_Mena
Propeller Head

Re: Understanding of Condition Tags

Post by Bambina_Mena »

I located a Madcap video in YouTube that is quite good and I now feel better about this. I'll use a test project until I'm comfortable.