Flare V10 Message/Warning/Error

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Bambina_Mena
Propeller Head

Flare V10 Message/Warning/Error

Post by Bambina_Mena »

The following message appears when I save or do some other misc. things in my Flare V10 project. I posted it here (general discussion) because I do not know which specific module or functionality is driving it.

"The conditional expression edit is in basic mode and data from the advanced expression will be lost."

I can then click OK or Cancel.
------------
UPDATE -- please refer to this link. I found it while searching for info on the message/warning/error I am seeing. Does anyone know what this all means? I was definitely working with condition tags when the message began to appear.

http://tregner.com/flare-blog/review-of ... rsion-9-0/
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare V10 Message/Warning/Error

Post by NorthEast »

It'll probably be related to editing a condition tag expression; e.g. setting conditional text in a target, or conditional tag expressions on a topic.
(see http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... ssions.htm)

Anyway, in all the places you can define the condition tag expression, there are options to work in either Basic or Advanced mode.
Presumably you've defined an expression in Advanced mode, then switched to Basic mode, and Flare is telling you that you'll lose the advanced expression.
Bambina_Mena
Propeller Head

Post by Bambina_Mena »

I honestly do not know Advanced mode vs. Basic mode. I was in my project and simply created two condition tags. Then the message began to appear. What mode should I be in? How to switch between modes? thank you
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Bambina_Mena wrote:... How to switch between modes? thank you
You can switch between modes in the Target, on the "Conditional Text" tab. For most situations, you probably only need to be in Basic mode.
I'd check all your targets to make sure they haven't been set - it's just a selection button on the bottom of that tab so could be accidentally clicked.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Bambina_Mena
Propeller Head

Post by Bambina_Mena »

Thanks. Logged out/back in. I then deleted the conditional tag set and started from scratch. Things are working fine now and I haven't seen the message (error) all day.