Output conditioned text only?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
rjn572
Propeller Head

Output conditioned text only?

Post by rjn572 »

I have a set of content in my Flare project that uses conditional text to output two manuals.
The majority of the content appears in both manuals and is unconditioned.

The specific content is conditioned as:
- Manual A Only
- Manual B Only

I's like to output just the Manual A/B conditioned text on it's own without the default (unconditioned) text.
Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Output conditioned text only?

Post by Nita Beck »

What makes content "excludable" is having a condition applied to it and then having that condition excluded from a build. If something has no condition applied, then it's going to be included.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

To solve this you'd need to put conditions on everything, but this is not difficult.
Add a "common" condition to your set, and then use the File List to select and apply the new condition to all the currently unconditioned files in one go.
(View ribbon - File List - http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... Window.htm)
Then you can create output that excludes the common ones.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
rjn572
Propeller Head

Post by rjn572 »

My files contain paragraphs that are conditioned. Am I still able to add "common" conditions to unconditioned paragraphs within each file?
If so can you please elaborate?
Thanks.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

I was talking about topic level conditions - the File List would only apply at topic level not paragraph level.
I don't think it would be practical to apply a common condition at para level. It would be possible to do it manually, but I can't think of a way to automate that.
kanwal
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kanwal »

I have a new laptop and a new installation of MadCap Flare (version 10). The search facility in the CHM files I produce does not work, I get the message "No Topics Found".

I seem to remember having the issue when I first installed Flare on my previous laptop and registering a DLL solved the issue, unfortunately I cannot find the details.

I googled it and found that registering the itcc.dll file may help but unfortunately it didn't.

Has anyone else experienced the issue and how did you resolve it?

Thanks
Get Braindumps demos for Testking phr certification online Our high quality itil prepares you well before appearing in the final Testking sphr certification and kuyper.edu exams usj.edu
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

When you register that DLL you usually have to run as administrator - give that a try. However, I have known it to not always work.