Performance issues with Flare 11 and SVN 1.8

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
yossikarp
Propeller Head

Performance issues with Flare 11 and SVN 1.8

Post by yossikarp »

I am having performance issues with Flare 11 and SVN 1.8 (and Tortoise 1.8). Whenever I try to save, insert an image, or perform similar tasks, Flare stops responding. It (almost) always starts responding again after a while. The Flare project works fine when I'm off-line (not connected to SVN).

I bound the project to SVN using the Flare GUI, so the folders that are not supposed to be bound (Analyzer, Output, Project/Users, etc.) are not bound.
I don't seem to have trouble with smaller projects, just with this one larger project (this one has about 280 topics and 2500 graphics).
I come across this issue whether I'm connected to WiFi, the LAN, and when working remotely.

Also, I don't think it is a network issue. When I unbound my project from Flare and just used the Tortoise interface to commit changes, it worked perfectly - and quickly, too. I would much rather use Flare's SVN interface, though.

I've done a fair bit of reading about possible solutions, but I have not come up with an answer to my problem. After a number of phone calls, MadCap support was also unable to help, but maybe you've come across this issue and solved it? Or perhaps you have suggestions for what to try next?

Thanks,

Yossi Karp

Flare 11
SVN 1.8.10 (Collabnet Subversion Edge)
Tortoise 1.8.11
Win7 64-bit i5 laptop with 12GB RAM and 7200 RPM HDD