Can I make my image number colouring conditional?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
law
Jr. Propeller Head

Can I make my image number colouring conditional?

Post by law »

I imbed a lot of screen shots in my documentation. Normally I use SnagIt to take the shots, but will hopefully have access to MadCap Capture soon. I insert numbered bullets, arrows, circles etc. onto my images , but the colour has to be different for each version (target) of my document (to match the end-customer's colour scheme). I have tried making the bullets snippets, for example, but I can't insert them over the image in my topic, as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Can I make my image number colouring conditional?

Post by Nita Beck »

You can definitely do this with MadCap Capture using conditions that come from the Flare project. So if the blue callouts are for Product A, the red callouts are for Product B, and the green callouts are for Product C, and assuming you have ProductAOnly, ProductBOnly, and ProductCOnly conditions, just apply the correct condition to each set of callouts.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

Note that Capture is a free download with a Flare license since version 10 (I believe). If you have Flare 10 or later and don't have a license key for Capture, contact MadCap customer service for information on getting your key and a download link.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

law
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by law »

Excellent! I look forward to giving it a try. Just got my full Flare license today along with Capture.